At Traxo, our most important asset is our relationship with you.
Traxo is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information we access about our users. We are proud of our privacy practices and the strength of our site security and want you to know how we protect your information and use it to provide to you the services available at the Internet web site www.traxo.com and its associated mobile applications (the “Service”).
Traxo stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your account information and other data. We constantly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges
- Your Privacy is not for sale
- We limit the collection of personal information
- Your Registration Information is kept private and secure
- Changes to your Registration Information
- Account Information from third parties is only seen by you and those websites or
- Disclosure of Registration Information or Account Information
- Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
- When we may Share your Information
- Invites, Messages, Profiles, Blogs and other Forums on the Site
- Communications from Traxo to you
- Testimonials and User Feedback
- Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
- You can deactivate your account
- Cookies and web and mobile beacons are used to analyze website usage and
- We comply with Can-Spam regulations for our newsletters
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Policy
- Your data is secure and only seen by you
- Our service ensures secure communications with encryption
- We use authentication to ensure that only you access your account
- Former customers
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
1. Your Privacy is not for sale
Simply put, we will not supply your personal information to a third party for commercial exploitation except as consented by you in accordance with applicable law.
2. We limit the collection of personal information
Certain areas and features of the Service are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information. However, in order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you need to register as a member and in so doing, to provide a Login ID in the form of an email address, a password, your official travel name, your date of birth (to verify you meet the minimum age of eligibility to use the Service) and your hometown (collectively the “Registration Information”).
After registration, you may provide additional information in the Profile section such as describing your interests, professional experiences and education. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is optional, but enables you to better identify yourself and allows other members to more easily find you in the Traxo system. In order to invite others to connect with you directly on the Service, you can enter their names, email addresses and a personal message. This information will then be used by Traxo solely to send your invitations and reminders to such persons if necessary.
If you elect to receive mobile SMS text message alerts from the Service, you will need to provide Traxo with your mobile phone number in order for us to send these messages to your mobile phone. We will not disclose your number to any third party without your prior consent. Should we introduce an additional service which utilizes telephone numbers, or we wish to provide you with informational content via your mobile phone, you will be given the option to agree to this, as we believe it should be your choice what services you receive.
3. Your Registration Information is kept private
Traxo uses your Registration Information only as follows:
- to analyze website usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to enforce Traxo’s User Agreement; and
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for registration on the Service may be provided to such co-brand partner.
We only use your hometown to improve your experience, in two main ways. First, it provides Traxo with better visibility into when you are actually traveling. Second, Traxo needs to determine the appropriate time zone in order to send you timely personal travel alerts as part of the Service.
The Service may track the total number of visitors to our website and mobile application, the number of visitors to each page of our website, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website and mobile application, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. In addition, we may disclose such data to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular Traxo Offer (as described below);
- Organizations approved by Traxo who conduct research into consumer spending; or
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their personal travel trends relative to the broader Traxo community or travelers.
4. Changes to your Registration Information
You may review, correct, update or delete any of your Registration Information during your membership for the Service through your account settings menu options found at the top of the page when logged on to the Service. Alternatively, you can email Traxo Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Account Information from third parties is only seen by you and those websites or services which you explicitly authorize to access your Traxo account
As described in the User Agreement, with your consent and as your agent, Traxo will from time to time connect electronically to your online travel and travel-related accounts and obtain account information from those third parties ("Account Information") in order to provide the Service to you. Account Information may also include any itinerary information you provide to Traxo, including inputting it directly into the Traxo system, by submitting it to the Traxo email parsing system, or otherwise authorizing Traxo to receive it from a third party.
Traxo uses your Account Information as follows:
- to offer the Service to you;
- to deliver information relevant to your travel interests, such as offers for ways to save from third party product and service providers ("Traxo Offers")
- to deliver administrative notices such as alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and
One benefit of the Traxo service is the ability to link your Traxo account to other websites and services for the purpose of sharing your travel plans and profile information. If you choose to grant another website or service access to your Traxo account, it may be able to view your Account Information.
6. Disclosure of Registration Information or Account Information
Any organization to which we provide your Registration Information or Account Information will also be required to keep such information confidential. We will not sell or rent your Registration Information to any other company or organization other than in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will also disclose your Registration Information or Account Information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process or other government authority.
7. Online session information is only used to improve your experience
When you visit the Traxo.com website (or a Traxo.com co-brand website), we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol (IP) address, pages visited, patterns of utilization, and average time spent on the website. This general information is exclusively owned by Traxo, and may be utilized by Traxo in such manner as Traxo, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality. Additionally, information you provide at registration or in your profile section is also used to customize your experience using the Service. For example, when you login to your Traxo account we will display the screen names of new members who have recently joined your network.
8. When we may Share your Information
The Service includes links to other World Wide Web sites or resources ("External Web Sites") that offer a variety of separate products and/or services that may be complementary to your use of the Service (e.g., travel and travel related products and/or services), which may also constitute Traxo Offers or other methods to save on travel and/or travel related products and/or services. Because Traxo has no control over External Web Sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Traxo is not responsible for the availability of such External Web Sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such External Web Sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Traxo shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such External Web Site or resource. Finally, you acknowledge that such External Web Sites usually have their own terms and conditions, including privacy policies, over which Traxo has no control and which will govern your rights and obligations with respect to the use of those External Web Sites. Traxo may present the External Web Sites in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these sites have been followed and whether any action has been taken on an External Web Site. We use this information to improve the quality of the Traxo Offers and customized content on the Service.
We require a subpoena or court order to provide user information to law enforcement, like your name, Registration Information, or Account Information. We will only disclose user information in response to a probable cause search warrant. If we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency involving the danger of death or severe physical injury, we may also provide the limited information necessary to prevent that harm, if we have it. If we are ever forced to share your information, we'll notify you with the full details of the request before we disclose it unless legally prohibited by law or court order.
In addition, Traxo may share your personal information as follows:
- In order to utilize the Traxo Loyalty Tracker functionality, we need to know specific information regarding each of your loyalty program accounts (for example, your loyalty program account number, user id and PIN#, password, access code etc.). This information enables us to update your program balances on an ongoing basis. By providing this information to Traxo you authorize Traxo to use and disclose such information as necessary in order to track your account balances and complete any transaction you initiate.
- With travel suppliers or service providers, such as hotels or rental car agencies, to share itinerary details specific to services you may have purchased or reserved with them, or may have an interest in purchasing from them.
- If your relationship with Traxo has been sponsored by, facilitated by, or otherwise initiated by your employer or other organization of which you are a member, which has chosen to integrate with Traxo’s enterprise solutions, Traxo may share Account Information with that organization.
9. Invites, Messages, Profiles, Blogs and other Forums on the Site
Many emails you initiate through the Service will list your email address and name in the header of the message (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-user). Emails you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will never list the people to whom you are directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the Service (e.g., a request for contact) will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if each of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with the other.
Traxo may also send account summaries and location emails that notify members if other members are planning a trip to the same location. If you match with another Traxo member for an upcoming trip, and wish to try and connect with them, you may reach out to that member via the Traxo message center provided in connection with the Service using that members screen name. Traxo will not disclose the other member's official travel name or email information unless that other member also is within your network. Traxo will email the other member a message to his or her personal email address and to his or her Traxo message center and, in turn, he or she can elect to communicate back to you via the Traxo message center. The only legitimate way of making contact with a person found on the Service is for a member to enter a message which we will send on the Member's behalf. Only if you and the other member each choose to share with the other his or her personal contact information will such information be disclosed and any communications outside of the Service will be at your own risk and discretion.
If you use the Traxo message center, bulletin board, blog, or chat room via the Service, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit in such forums can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Traxo also offers a "public profile" feature which allows users to publish portions of their Traxo profile, including your "name", but not your "email address" to the public Internet. Users may opt-out of this feature, but Traxo does not warrant how third-party search engines will update their cache.
10. Communications from Traxo to you
With the exception of emails confirming registration, emails that include information about your account, email invitation requests from other Traxo users, and emails relating directly to an itinerary or travel profile created through the Service, we will not send to you any emails unless you opt-in to receive communications from us. If you opt-in to receive communications from us, you will receive information we believe will be of use and interest to you. For example:
- We will update you on any important functionality changes to the Service.
- We will keep you informed about Traxo promotions, sweepstakes, programs, etc., and other special offers that we think you will find valuable.
- We will use the information that we gather to target content for the Service to more closely match your interests.
If you decide that you are no longer interested in receiving communications from us, you have several choices for opting out of future mailings:
- You may follow the instructions in our emails on how to unsubscribe yourself from our email list.
- You may click on the Settings link at the top of any page on the website or mobile application and update your communication preferences via the Notifications menu.
- You may send us a letter at: 211 N. Ervay St., Suite 500, Dallas TX 76059
You may also permanently close your Traxo account from the Settings link of the website. In addition, you may request to be added to the Traxo "Don't Send" list, which will remove you from the list of people receiving future emails from Traxo. Send an email to email@example.com to request to be added to the Don't Send list.
Traxo reserves the right to send emails to members at all times, regardless of their account settings, to alert them of material changes to their membership.
11. Testimonials and User Feedback
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with the Service. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we will identify our users by their first name and the first letter of their last name and may also indicate their hometown.
12. Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who have more than one credit card; or
- Partners or co-sponsors of such surveys or promotions, to share learnings about how users utilize the Service
13. You can deactivate your account
If you no longer wish to be a member of the Service, you may deactivate your membership through your account settings menu option found at the top of the page when logged on to the Service. Alternatively, you can email Traxo Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the option to delete your account from the Service. If you choose this option, you must email Traxo Customer Support at email@example.com regarding your request. Upon the completion of your request, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Registration Information and Account Information. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Registration Information or Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. Traxo keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers.
14. Cookies and web beacons are used to analyze Site usage and improve the Service
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive.
- One type of cookie, known as a "persistent" cookie, is set once you've logged in to your Traxo account. The next time you visit the Site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user so you will not need to log in before using the Service. In order to access or change any of your private information, however, you must log in securely again with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the Service you will need to re-enter your password the next time you visit in order to log in to your account.
- Another type of cookie, called a "session" cookie, is used to identify a particular visit to the Service. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
We allow advertisers and other third parties to place cookies on the website for the purpose of tracking some of the web searches, browsing and clicks made on the website, customizing ads to you on the website and other web sites you visit, and/or keeping track of your response to each ad. None of these third parties are able to use this information to identify you personally.
Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Service may be impaired for you. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing website usage and activity. Traxo, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons to help us analyze website usage and improve the Service.
15. We comply with CAN-SPAM regulations for our newsletters
Traxo sends only opt-in email newsletters, specifically requested by Traxo subscribers.
Because we provide you the option of receiving our promotional newsletters, Traxo subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving these newsletters through your account settings menu option found at the top of the page when logged on to the Service. Alternatively, you can email Traxo Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may also send users service-related emails which they do not have the ability to opt-out of.
16. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Policy
Traxo, Inc. recognizes that the United States and the European Union take different approaches to privacy. As a global travel technology company, Traxo, Inc. collects, compiles, and analyzes global travel data on behalf of its clients. Due to the global reach of its services, Traxo, Inc. may receive data that originates from the European Union, European Economic Area, or Switzerland. In turn, it delivers such data to its clients and other third parties (as appropriate) by: (i) sending consolidated data directly to its client, (ii) publishing client-specific data in its web-based reporting platform, or by delivering reports directly to a client, or (iii) sending files of such data to authorized recipients, pursuant to a client’s request. While this policy is aimed at meeting the requirements of the Privacy Shield, it is fair to state that whenever practicable Traxo, Inc. applies this policy to any personal information it imports from foreign countries; provided, however, that such application is not contrary to applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Neither this Privacy Statement, nor our participation in the Privacy Shield program, applies to any travel supplier, such as an airline, car rental company or hotel, nor do they apply to any individual traveler’s employer or travel agency (for purposes hereof, a “travel arranger”) that obtains any related services from Traxo. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of your travel agency and of relevant travel suppliers. In addition, our participation in Privacy Shield program does not apply to travelers in non-EU and non-Swiss jurisdictions.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Traxo commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals in the European Union with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Traxo at email@example.com. Traxo, Inc. will respond to any inquiry directed to it, within thirty (30) calendar days.
There is the possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration. Traxo has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”). ICDR is the international division of the American Arbitration Association (“ICDR/AAA”), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. All disputes shall be finally settled under the International Dispute Resolution Procedures of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution Privacy Shield program (the “Procedures”) by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Procedures. The location of any in-person hearing will be Dallas, Texas, but Traxo also consents to any hearing being conducted by telephone or video conference. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit http://info.adr.org/safeharbor for more information or to file a complaint. The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. To learn more about the ICDR/AAA Privacy Shield program and to view Traxo’s participation in this program, please visit http://info.adr.org/safeharbor.
This policy supplements, but does not replace, all other policies, practices, and procedures including any applicable confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement. Traxo, Inc. has implemented this policy effective September 1, 2016, but recognizes that the Principles apply to it immediately upon certification. A copy of this policy can be found at: https://www.traxo.com/privacy.
Traxo, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its clients’, and in turn their travelers’, personal data is handled confidentially, privately, and appropriately. Traxo, Inc. has therefore made the voluntary election to participate in the Privacy Shield, and to be subject to the compliance and enforcement powers of the DOT, FTC, and other U.S. governmental authorities. Information about Traxo, Inc.’s commitment to and compliance with the Privacy Shield may be obtained by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Your data is secure and only seen by you
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, designed to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Traxo accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
18. Our service ensures secure communications with encryption
From the time you submit your Login ID and Password, communications between your computer and Traxo are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL3) technology. SSL enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery.
To support this technology, you need a recent version of an SSL3-capable, 128-bit browser, such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. These browsers will activate SSL3 automatically whenever you log on to the Site.
You must log out each time you have finished accessing your Traxo account.
19. We use authentication to ensure that only you access your account
Authentication is the process you go through with Traxo to access secure areas of the Service. This process takes place when you log into your account, the two key components of which are your Login ID and Password.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at email@example.com. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
21. Former Customers
If you are a former customer, we treat your information in the same manner that we treat information about our current customers.
22. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
211 N. Ervay St. Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: +1 (214) 351-5200
Thanks for traveling with Traxo.